Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Next Adventure

Sunday, November 6, 2016


The Next Adventure

Seven years ago, I decided I wanted to teach overseas and during the year long process, I said I "would go anywhere but India".  I was never drawn to India and wasn't interested in going.  An amazing school from Mumbai contacted me and I decided to take the plunge!
My life has changed soooo much in the 6 years I have been here.

1) India was my 5th country, now I have been to 39!
2) I could check my email and make a decent math worksheet on Word and that was the extent of my technology skills.  Now I have
    my masters degree in Educational Technology.
3) I have improved greatly as a teacher!
4) I know a lot more about Geography and culture, especially India.






India has been home for a long time and change is hard, but necessary.

After 6 years, I am ready for a change.   I wanted to go somewhere that I could eat the food (I am allergic to Indian food and miss out on a lot of culture because I can't eat the food).  I also wanted to go where there is a culture of running and I wanted to be closer to home.  Well I have found my new place!

1) I will get to eat BEEF!
2) I will get to experience winter, although it will be in June/July.
3) I will get to learn a new language.
4) I will probably become a football fan because it is practically their national religion.
5) I will get to see a ton of cultural/natural sites that I have always wanted to see!








Sao Paulo, Brazil!!!!!

I am moving to Sao Paulo, Brazil!!   


I am ridiculously excited!!  I have always wanted to live in South America!!  



I am very fortunate that I found my job so early so now I can stop researching schools and countries and just focus on enjoying my last months in India!

1 comment: