Monday, September 28, 2015

10 hour layover in Paris

Evelyn and I decided to go hiking in Luxembourg for fall break.  We flew Air France on the 2:20am flight everybody takes.  It was a nice, uneventful flight and I even got a few 15 minute naps in.  I can't sleep on planes and it is a real problem. Evelyn, on the other hand, slept almost the entire 9 hour flight.

We got to Paris and went through immigration then took the metro to the city.  We had to change trains at one of the stops.  The Paris metro is not as well laid out as London's so it took a bit to find out where we were going.  We found our train and Evelyn stepped on and my foot went on right as her last one left - I was right behind her!!!  but the doors closed and several people and I tried to pull them apart to no avail.  So Evelyn took off in the train and I waited for the next one.






Which wouldn't have been a problem except something happened on the tracks and the train was delayed for 40 minutes.  I was going to travel to the Eiffel tower stop which is where we were headed, but Evelyn got off on the next stop to wait for me.  I didn't not know that.  Thankfully, I noticed her red hair bobbing up and down looking in all the cars for me.  I jumped off and we were reunited and the next train came in a few minutes.  Whew.  It all worked out and I stayed calm, but I was a little nervous - I don't speak a lick of French and Evelyn had the maps with her!

We made it to the Eiffel Tower.  The weather was amazing!!  Bright blue sky, fresh air, and cool temps.


We went to the Louvre to take pictures - we didn't have time to go in.






We got to see Notre Dame.



I never eat street food in India so it was nice to eat it here.  Banana and honey crepe!  We walked all over and saw lots of views of the river, we saw the bridge with the locks (which they have taken down and put on the side).  We took the metro back to the airport for our very short flight to Luxembourg.  We got to see a lot in our layover and it was worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment