Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Echternach and Mullerthal trail

We got up Monday morning, ate breakfast and relaxed.  I graded papers and Evelyn made travel plans for when her family comes to India at Christmas.  Then we walked across the street to the bus station around noon and paid 2 Euro to take an hour long ride to Echternach, Luxembourg.  I found a good deal for a 4 night stay at the Grand Hotel and it was right next to the Mullerthal trail. We checked in and hit the trail.  I was so excited to put my hiking pants and boots on. I haven't worn them since I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.  I feel powerful in them!! and I don't feel too powerful right now since I am still recovering from Dengue Fever.

The Mullerthal Trail goes all over Luxembourg and is in great shape. We hiked the E1 part of the trail about 6km to Berdorf.

My boots are touching fall leaves!!

We saw some great scenery and enjoyed the act of hiking and breathing in fresh, clean air.

My feet are touching a trail!!!






We got off the trail and walked through corn field lined roads to Berdorf.  We stopped to have a banana split, then hiked a different part of the trail back.


Berdorf



very colorful mushroom
We ate dinner at the Grand Hotel where we are staying.  We had steak and it was delicious!

Echternach is a pretty cute town.

The Grand Hotel where we are staying





1 comment: