Sunday, October 6, 2013

Maldives day 3 fish barbeque

Maldives day 3 Tuesday

I woke up a lot last night due to the pain of my sunburn :(. I had breakfast and read while laying in my hammock.  Every day they have a choice of eating a fish BBQ on sunrise island.  I don't have full board but decided to pay extra to try it because this not having dinner until 8:30 is killing me!!

Many people took kayaks over but I prefer to walk.  I have been walking over there for exercise everyday.  Walking in thigh high water is a good workout!  I decided to take my phone with me so I could take pictures. I was careful put it in a zip lock bag and put it in a water resistant pack on my back. Problem was I was going 3 hours earlier than normal and the water was quite a bit higher than I expected.  More like chest high so I had to carry the bag above my head.  I see quite a few stingrays on my walk over there will try to get a pic tomorrow when tide is lower :)

We had a lovely lunch of grilled fish, rice, veggies and a salad with cheese!  There was a family with 2 Kids, several couples and a big group of French friends.  One of the couples sat with me. The woman tried her best at English and said she likes to practice.  She was asking me questions about grammar " I have a friend that lived at the US - at or is it of" I told her "in" but she was doing great.  She asked me to correct her grammar and I told her I teach international kids and am very good at deciphering bad English. I don't speak a word of French. Maybe I will ask her if she speaks Spanish and I can be the one to work hard at a conversation.




I took a nap, read, see a pattern here?!? I walked out to the island again and saw kite surfers and sting rays.  I brought a jockey workout shirt made of light wicking material. Wanted to try swimming in it because I want to snorkel again but my burned back can't handle it.  I was afraid the shirt would float when I swam but it clung to my body so I think I will try snorkeling again!


No comments:

Post a Comment