Sunday, October 6, 2013

Trip back from Maldives to Mumbai - always eventful

Maldives day 5 and 6

Thursday

I decided to go snorkeling again but this time covered myself with sunscreen AND wore a shirt.  Good thing I took my Dramamine because it was a 15 min ride to the reef this time. Saw lots of great fish and a shark!! The water wasn't has clear here and the waves were bigger. I lasted the whole time though!  I decided to go eat lunch at the restaurant. I'm about out of snacks and 12 hours between meals is killing me!

Glad I went, the food was great. I have eaten more fish on this trip than I have in 5 years.  Sat with a couple - the guy was French and the woman was British. Yeah!  She was surprised I was American because I sounded Irish to her :) ha!! She and her husband have come many times - this is their favorite resort.  Last time they brought their kids.  This time they came with their neighbors.  They have fish on the totem. :)

A cute family from Mexico sat with me tonight's or dinner.  My lucky day! More English speakers!  The guy was a pilot for Qatar air and they lived in Doha. They had a 15 month old, Isabella who was adorable and happily eating her dinner even though it was 9:30 and most toddlers would be cranky. It was Italian night. One of the dive instructors said it is always the staff's favorite meal.  He and another dive instructor shared some info about diving and how it works being an instructor here.


Friday

My plan was to snorkel again in the morning, but I didn't feel week- dizzy and fatigued. So I napped and read :)

Dinner was on the beach again and it was " white party night" every one was dressed in white except for about three people and we all had black on - happy others decided to go full opposite! I don't own white! It would be filthy in 3 seconds in Mumbai!

I sat at a table full of staff which I should have done since the beginning - they speak English and they are fun.  A French diving instructor was there, Christophe - the Belgium guy I met when I first got here, 4 girls from Bali who worked in the spa, and a girl from the Philippines Who worked in PR. They were fun and interesting and it was nice to not have labored conversations.  A German guy joined us later - he arrived yesterday and spends the day taking diving lessons.  One of the Bali girls was fascinated with Oktoberfest so he explained a lot about that.  It was a nice time for my last night.  I didn't stay for the party - really didn't feel that well. maybe the sun exposure was affecting me even though I used nearly a whole bottle of sunscreen for only 5 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment