Sunday, October 6, 2013

Maldives day 4 Maldivian night

Maldives day 4 Wednesday

My burned back still hurt so I decided to do nothing today. The owner came yesterday and met every guest.  He saw me this morning when one of the staff asked what I was doing today.  He said "if you are going to do nothing, do it well". I did!! Napped, swam, read...

Dinner was on the beach tonight - Maldivian night.  Maldivian food is a lot like Indian food but less spicy which is good for me.  An older French couple was at my table and when it was clear the woman spoke VERY little English and the husband none.. I pulled out my Hail Mary and asked if she spoke Spanish.  We were able to have enough of a conversation  in Spanish that I found out she has been to the Maldives 12 times! They have been to other resorts, but come to his one the most.  They have a fish totem pole here and when you have stayed 4 times you get a fish put on the totem and they have a fish ceremony for you!, I ask if she had a fish- she did, but somehow it disappeared (I asked if it was a storm and she said no, but kept making wind sounds and waving motions with her hands like it fell off - dang I wish I spoke some French!! ) she said she bought a new one and had it put up :). Turns put she is the sister of the woman who wouldn't talk to me yesterday!,

Some of the Maldivian staff danced and played music for us. Really nice night. I love looking at the stars. The night is so black here!




No comments:

Post a Comment