Monday, July 18, 2016

Houston

I taught in Houston for 11 years before I moved to India so I go back every year to visit friends.

I met Jamili in 1996 when we worked at Camp Tapawingo in Illinois together.  She moved to New Mexico, then Colorado, then Houston where I was and 20 years later we are still friends.  She's moving to Tucson so it is not guaranteed that I will get to see her every year like I have been.
me and Amira
I have been friends with Karin and Brendon for years and I always go to see them and their 5 kids
( number six on the way!) Karin's parents, Paul and Sally, let me stay with them which is super nice.  I usually get up, go for a walk, eat breakfast and go over to hang out with Karin and the kids.  I don't know how she takes care of 5 kids - including homeschooling - every day.  She's my hero!
We go to the library, read, and play together.
Konnor and Hannah Joy

me and Missa

Konnor with Paul

Brendon and Karin

Konnor and Hope dressed like a cow for Cow appreciation day at Chick fil a

Hannah Joy dressed like a cow for Cow appreciation day at Chick fil a

Hannah Joy,Hope, Konnor, Melody, Olivia, Addison, Melissa, Wyatt dressed like a cow for Cow appreciation day at Chick fil a


Konnor reading in the bathtub at the library

Hope

Melissa reading in the bathtub at the library

playing with trains!
Aunt Bob painting nails

reading with Aunt Bob

They always make a big deal about my birthday - it is always a "surprise"  They make posters for me and a cake and we always have a big family dinner together.


No comments:

Post a Comment