Sunday, July 17, 2011

Last weekend in Houston

Well, this is it folks - my last weekend in Houston for awhile!!

 I sold the last of my furniture - so this is what I slept on.  My own personal "dog bed" it consists of a few towels stacked up and a sheet.  Thankfully some good friends are letting meborrow their air mattress for the next few nights :)



The Anderson's are my Houston family!  I spend holidays with them and they are so kind and generous to let me be a part of their family.  I went over there Friday to help celebrate Sally's birthday!  The girls LOVED the spaghetti!

Missa thinks this is what you are supposed to look like every time you eat!



Hope was following her big
sister's lead

 On Sunday morning I got up really early to run with some of my Team in Training friends - Patty, Paula, Barton, and Jeff.   TNT has big a huge part of my life for 3 years now.  Patty was on my team last year and was a mentor two seasons later and is doing a triathlon this fall.  Paula was on my team two years ago and we ran the Chicago marathon  together in the freezing cold and last fall we trained for Marine Corps together.  She gave me the first Harry Potter book that weekend in Chicago and I got hooked immediately!  Read all the books quickly then watched the movies.  Very fitting that it is the opening weekend for the last Harry Potter movie - thanks Paula for introducing me to Harry, Ron, and Hermoine :)  Last December I was the only team member running the 21 mile training run for Disney.  I hate running by myself!!!  The whole reason to run is to jibber jabber and get medals :)  I was very nervous about running that far alone espcially since I'd had all that passing out business that had prevented me from running Marine Corps.  At about mile 6 Barton showed up and said he would run some with me.  He wasn't planning on doing 21- maybe 15 or so.  I was just thankful for some company for most of it.  but we ended up doing almost 22 miles that day.  Thanks Barton!   Coach Jeff is a great TNT coach.  He and Coach Joanne got me to finish Chicago in my fastest time ever - 6:15!!  Ha!  there was smoke coming out of me!  Coach Jeff has run many long, slow, jibber jabber filled runs with me to make sure I finish.  And he's always just as excited as I am when I finish another race and get another medal!!!   I have a lot of other TNT friends but they couldn't make it today.  But it was nice to run with these four through Terry Hersey Park one last time (for awhile anyway).


Marine giving me medal
at TNT run.



       

Jeff finishing a long run with me.



jeff is back left. front row is Michelle, Patty,
 Paula.  Theresa is 2nd from right on back row.



Women I mentored about to run the San Fran half! Michelle, Theresa
Carrie, Patty, Heather, Angie, Chrisy, and Sandy.
  They all have "Bobbi Jo" written on them somewhere.  I was with them in spirit!







               

                     
I have a lot of great memories with Team in training!!  Going to miss them!  Hopefully will find a good running group in Mumbai.

A friend that lives in Austin was in town this weekend so I got to see her.  She's the one who got me interested in this international teaching business so thanks Elissa!

Moving is not so easy.  I changed the address on my credit card and had them put a label on it so they knew I'd be using it over seas - well now I can't use it in the states!!!  the gas station denied me! and the USPS denied me when I tried to change my address online!!  I call the company and thought I got it fixed, but when I was trying to buy something on my ipad - it wouldn't work!  augh!  hopefully I willg et all the kinks worked out :)

8 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment