Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Living in Transition

We are down to 14 days before I leave Texas!  I sold my bed over a week ago so I took the couch cushions off and made a "matress" to sleep on.  I have sold all my dressers, bookcases, tables and chairs so everything I have left is laying all over the floor :)  Selling the couch and love seat is next so then all I'll have is the floor.  It's like camping in my own house! 

I am leaving Saturday for a computer training in Memphis.  I finally get to meet the other new staff.  I am so excited to put some faces to names and get this party started!  I have been planning for months and now I am just ready to get to India!  After Memphis, I will be in Houston one more week to get rid of the rest of my furniture and sell my car etc.  My dad is flying down to Houston on the 20th and we will drive the Uhaul up to Illinois.  All I am taking up there is my coffee table, end tables, photo albums etc.  I will only be in Illinois for two days then I will fly to New York on the 25th and spend one last night with Sara then leave for Mumbai on the 26th. 

A lot of people ask me crazy questions about what is available in India.  People seem to think India is living with no technology or modern conveniences - not true!  Here are some websites the school gave up to plan buying household items for our apartments.
1000 Rupees = $22.43    20,000 rupees = $448.58
I'll let everyone know how the computer workshop goes - you know how I am with computers!

No comments:

Post a Comment