Thursday, October 13, 2011

I love this school!

Yesterday during advisory we went to watch the middle school band and choir perform.  The band was AMAZING!  I have never heard a middle school band concert that good.  I loved watching my kids perform and watching my other kids enjoy it :)

Today we had our big Diwali program.  the school was beautifully decorated. 




 Many kids and teachers were dressed up in their Indian finest.

One family ( I teach two of their kids) gave me a really beautiful Diwali gift.  So sweet of them!

About 5 weeks ago I signed up to run the half marathon with a charity.  They came to the school to get two checks - one for them and one for United Way.  Apparently I signed it in the wrong place (Indian checks are weird!) and they emailed today to say that if they didn't get a check by this afternoon they'd give my place away!!  My checks were at home and I wasn't going to get home until after 7 due to Parent Teacher Conferneces.  I went to talk to Purvi - who is head of our community outreach.  They've had my checks for WEEKS and to tell me that I have to get new ones in hours was unfair and she told them so.  They wouldn't even hold my spot until Monday.  Purvi said maybe the school could write a check.  So we go to Alok - master of the money :) and tell him the situation.  He gives the Idian head nod and says "email so and so the names of the places that need the check - I have checks written for you and take it out of your paycheck - I have them ready in one hour and you can send them by courier"  more head nodding "Indian great place"  ha! ASB is a great place!  whew I think my spot is secure! I love this school!!!!

We had parent conferences from 3:30 to 6:30 - everyone wants to see the math teacher.  I didn't take a breath for 3 hours.  Tomorrow we have this all day!  it was good though.  We have such great kids and great parents and thankfully they mostly LOVE me!!  I had parents say such great things to me. One said "I love the relationship you have with my daughter"   So so so happy to be in place where I am appreciated!!!

We have been getting thunderstorms - apparently this is what happens at the end of monsoon.  I don't like it.  I hate thunder and lightning.  and storms cause a lot of pain.  My hands and feet were killing me today.  My Lupus does not like stormy weather!!!  Trying to deal with it - haven't had this much pain in awhile.  Let's hope it is better for Week without walls. 

2 comments:

  1. How neat- Love all the beautiful decorations and colors! Awesome you are loving your school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing pics of your school! Post more.

    ReplyDelete