Friday, October 28, 2011

Third Rabies Shot

So I was going to post my vacation blog right away, but felt the need to do this first.  Today is day 7 from the monkey attack so I needed third shot.  I walk down to the hospital with the perscription the doctor at the school gave me.

People at the front direct me to pharmacy.

After waiting in line and getting pushed the pharmacy tells me I have to get a scrip from this hospital and sends me to the ER.

I tell the ER my story and they say I have to go to pharmacy to get the meds then they'll inject me.  I explain the pharmacy won't give me the meds without a scrip from this hospital.  I am told the ER doc went out for tea and will be back soon. Really?  the ONLY ER doc went out for tea?  ok then.

I wait for ER doc.

She gives me scrip and sends me to pharmacy.  I wait in line and get shoved again.  They print out receipt and say I have to go to the cashier counter to pay before they will give me the meds.  ok.

I walk over the cashier counter to wait in line and get shoved.  I pay and they give me receipt and go back to the pharmacy.

They give me syringe.

I go back to ER and they inject me.  ER has 3 beds and HANDWRITTEN posters about triage protocol and burn protocol.  handwritten in sharpie.

note to self Never get attacked by wild animal  in India.  I am going to ask the school doctor to give me the syringes for the next two shots so I can just show up at the hospital with the meds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment