Friday, March 16, 2012

Blessings during hard times

This is has been one of the longest, most difficult two weeks of my life.   I will spare you the miserable details - don't want anyone feeling sad for me.

The point of writing this is to highlight that during our darkest times still have light in them.  That no matter how hard our journey might be at the moment God sends circumstances, people and Himself  to make things better, if only for a moment.

I was blessed by a friend at home that listened to me cry for like an hour and a half on the phone.  There wasn't anything she could do to make it better except listen.

I was blessed by getting to skype with my adorable niece who is starting to recognize me.

I was blessed by support services at the school that will help you when you need it.

I was blessed by an opportunity to get some fresh air outside of Mumbai last weekend.

I got to celebrate pi day this week!

I am blessed by a wonderful co-worker who will take over some of my responsibilities to help me cope with other things.  They keep me occupied with work things and get me to think outside of myself.  and if they see tears they ignore them and get me working on something else.

I have been blessed financially.  My grad school fees for just this summer was going to be $8000.  I got a $1000 scholarship.  My school let my use my $1000 PD money for next year towards grad school since it fits in with ASB goals.  We are getting a few hundred dollars for coaching math counts. and today I a check for $1005 because my escrow account was over.   God knew I needed that!!  so almost half of this summer is paid for!! My friend said I need to set up a lemonade stand for the rest :)  I haven't filed my taxes yet because they are very confusing this year, but I should get some back from that..  who knows maybe I can get two- thirds of it paid for with unexpected money.  Now the other two years won't go like this because I will no longer get tax money back, but this year will be nice.

I am blessed by the little things... the fact I got to make medals for our NESA champs by painting protractors with gold spray paint and tying a red ribbon around it.  The kids are going to love it!

My kids make me laugh constantly.  My little French boy who couldn't speak a word of English in August came in and said "Miss Staley, you know when you say I could have cookie and I said no?  I want one now" I told him another teacher had just eaten the last cookie.  He put his cute little face in his hand, batted his eyelashes and said " I KNOW you have something else to give me"   ha!!!  The cookie eating teacher taught him the word "cheeky".  When I ask him what Mr. Pamperin calls him, he says "I am cheeky" in his very french accent :)  It is hard not to laugh at that!!

I am thankful my friend Chiquita is coming to India for work and she will be just 3 hours from me!!!  I haven't seen her since she was 17 and I was..... much older :)   No, her real name isn't Chiquita - it was her camp name.

I am praying that the following weeks are easier, but if they aren't, I have a plan in place and a couple of people here to help with the plan.

These verses remind me that God is in control of everything in my life!!


  • “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
  • God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3,7
  • ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’Isaiah 41:10
  • I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.Psalm 16:8 (AMP)
  • He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.Psalm 62:6 (AMP)
  • “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19 

  • Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." 
    Psalm 90:2 

4 comments:

  1. We love you! I'm home alone with Charlotte Friday - Monday while Ben is in AZ. Skype with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbi Jo you are such an inspiration and as always I am in awe of all that you do!

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add attending Body Balance this morning to your list of blessings and let's shoot for health for a combat class this week and you'll be on cloud nine again in no time :)
    Hugs from down the road........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear from you- sorry things have been rough, but sounds like you have lots of things to be thankful for. I'm excited about your grad school plans.

    ReplyDelete