Saturday, March 24, 2012

Illness, parent conferences, and an i phone!

Last Wednesday I spiked a 101 fever around lunchtime.  It only lasted about 12 hours, since then I have had bad sinus headaches, a bad cough, and loss of my voice.  People make comments about it being India or my apartment or the dust storm we had.  We can't blame everything on India!  It is spring time!  I'd have a cold or sinus infection if I was still in the states.
 Although the dust storm that started in the middle East blew over the Arabian Sea and hit Western India hard.

Amazing satellite picture!






After school from 3:30-6:30 we had parent conferences. The school put electrical plugs next to each of our tables so their cords laid out on the floor.  I got up to use the restroom when there weren't parents at my table and on my way back I tripped over one of the cords and fell flat on my face!!!!  embarrassing!  but thankfully I had pants on and not a skirt!!  and Ididn't have an open Coke can or anything in my hand!  My voice was still going in an out and I was coughing a lot so it was a long night.  I saw about 18 parents.  The bus ride home seemed to take forever with traffic!  On Friday we had conferences from 8-4.  LONG day!  but my voice was better! and I didn't trip on anything :)  The cords were taped down with colored xs on them to make them more visible.  I saw a dozen parents trip over the cords, but no one fell like I did!  I saw most of the parents of my kids.  Many of them asked if I could move up to the next grade level to teach their kid :)

After school the school put on a happy hour at the Cricket Club.  It was nice to relax and chat with co-workers.  The bus took us home and there was barely any traffic - miracle!!!

Will has been helping out in one of my classes.  I have a lot of hyper kids with different abilities and he's helping to differentiate.  He is really good at technology so he is helping a lot with that.  When we got here the school gave us very cheap phones to use.  A lot of people brought their blackberries or  iphones from other countries.  I have just been using the cheap phone because all I need it or is texting or calling school people.  A few weeks ago a friend told me I HAD to get a smart phone before I went to grad school this summer :)  Will went with me Chroma to get my new iphone!  :)  I'm going to take it to school on Monday to have the business people set it up for me.  I am moving up in the world!

It is Nancy's birthday today so tomorrow I am going to the Mariott tomorrow for brunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment