Sunday, June 30, 2013

My greatest adventure with Charlie

I stayed with my sister and her family for a week.  She was 8 months pregnant and uncomfortable so I took Charlie on "adventures" to give my sister a break.  I'd take her in the stroller to the store or the park.   On our walks, she'd say "Aunt Bob, I'm happy"

future marathon runner

getting my purse so we could go 

on our way to the store and park 




On Thursday night, Brianna asked what I wanted to do on my last day in the states.  I said I wanted to take Charlie to the zoo.  Bri and Ben had a doctor appointment so they dropped me and C off at Miller Park (the park near my grandmothers house that I went to a lot growing up).  We played for a half hour until the zoo opened and met my brother Brandon there.  Bri and Ben came later and we all explored the zoo.  The doctor said the baby looked good, but she was still breach.

she loved the "windows"  we spent about 20 min of our 30 min at this one thing

taking a break with uncle Brandon

C saw kids on the carousel and wanted to ride it.  Bri didn't think she'd like it too much, but I got a ticket and thought we'd try it.   She sat on the dinosaur then a bunch of other kids got on so we didn't start right away.  She got bored and wanted "another animal".  I put her on a horse and stood to her side with my arm around her.  When the ride started, I heard her squeal.  I thought she was startled but she was thrilled!!  We waved at mommy, daddy, and Brandon every time we passed.  She LOVED it and of course there was a lot of very upset cries of "again!!" as we tore her away from it.
she has the elephant dress on that I got her

she was far more excited that she looks
 She had so much fun at the Zoo.  I thanked her for letting me take her and she said hugged me and snuggled with me and said she was glad.  We all piled in the car to go.  We didn't know that the day's adventures were just about to start!!!

We drove to my grandmothers old house to look at it and we were talking about what drive through we were going to.  We got about two blocks when my sister said she needed to pull over and she got out of the car.  Movies and TV always portray a woman's water breaking as chaotic and hilarious.  it kind of is!  I had never seen it happen in real life.  At least it happened in the street and not in a store or something!  Ben took over driving and he ran in the house to throw some stuff together - they were not prepared with a bag.  Thank goodness I was there to take care of Charlotte.  Bri and Ben went to the hospital and I tried to get Charlotte to take a nap.  She wasn't really sure about what was going on.
Later Mr. Ron (my father) came to get us and took us to the hospital to see Baby Sister.  Because they had an appointment that day, they knew she was breach and did a C section right away.  Natalie Faith was born exactly a month early and was healthy.



Charlie's life will never be the same!




1 comment:

  1. I missed this earlier when I was in the wilderness. Congrats on being an aunt again!!!

    ReplyDelete