Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Two years down

I am completed two school years in India!  The decision to teach here has changed my life in so many ways!

I get to teach at an amazing school.  For the first time I feel like I get to teach more than any of the other stuff teachers have to do.  Obviously, I have to do that stuff too, but I get to teach more than I ever have.  I teach with amazing colleagues.  They are passionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable.  Being in this setting has pushed me to be a better teacher.  I am in my second year of my masters program in Educational Technology.  I am starting a program this year to be a math coach.

I have gotten to travel more than I ever have.  India was my 5th country (that's counting the US, a 4hour stop in canada on a cruise ship, a high school trip to Mexico, and mission trips to Ecuador)  It's been two years and England will be my 15th country this year.  ( I have been to Israel(twice!), Jordan, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Vatican City, Thailand, Ireland)

It has been a challenge and Mumbai is not an easy place to live.  I have definitely had some loneliness, sadness, and some struggles to find my place here.

I have signed on for a third year.  I will be teaching 6th and 8th grade math again next year.  Next year will included more adapting!  We are getting a new middle school principal.  I will be an 8th grade advisor next year (instead of 6th).  My amazing teaching partner is moving to Hong Kong and I will have to break in a new teacher :)  I have to host the math counts competition for 5 other schools.  We are having a new teaching schedule and I will be doing my 3rd year of my masters program online!  All of these things will be good, but another layer of challenge!!

Due to Grad school, I only get to be home for 14 days.  I will be in Houston for 3.5 days.  mostly because I need a new drivers license.  I will be spending 10 days in IL - mostly with my sister who is very pregnant!!  which means Charlie is getting a little sister and I will have two nieces to visit at Christmas :)

God has blessed me and I am happy with my life here.  but boy am I looking forward flying to the US  tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I'm so happy for you and proud of all that you are doing. What amazing stories & I hope you have a wonderful trip home.

    ReplyDelete