Sunday, September 4, 2011

More and More Blessings

So I left my flat a little later than expected to run this morning. Thank goodness I did!  I kept seeing runners - alone and in pairs all going in same direction.  I went up to a man who looked like a running coach and asked him if this was a running group to train for the marathon.  I asked if I could join them.  He gave the Indian Head Bob and said "'why not?"  as I was talking to him another guy ran passed and told me "come on - get running!"  so now I have a running group!!!  Afterwards this nice lady and man talked to me and it turns out they don't alway run here.  They are from a club about 12 Km from here and they have a marathon training program and they meet at different places on sundays at 6 to run - sometimes Juhu, etc.  So it was divine intervention that I caught them this week!!!  I had left my phone at home so she called my phone so I'd have her number so I will know where to run next week.  When I asked the man his name, he said it really slowly.. Dix it.  and when I said it correctly he beamed at the woman and said "most American's don't get it right"  The actual Indian pronunciation is "dickshit"  seriously!!!  He said he lived in LA and said it was terrible because his name is two bad words!!!  So he says it in syllables then the x doesn't make the      di "cksh" it  sound.  It makes an "x" sound. 
I have some people to train with and I get to hang out with some Indians!  There were like 40 of them in the group. Lots of them were slower than me!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Glad you found a running group & a guy with a hysterical name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of those names that just doesn't travel well. You just have to go with Dave or Don or Rich and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete