Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 11 more Petra

The Jordanian hotel people seem much nicer than The ones in Israel. The street hawkers are much less aggressive than the ones in India. In general we like this place. I hiked back I to Petra early this morning. It was cold. Really cold. I hiked about an hour in until I got the trail that led to the place of high sacrifice which people said was 300 steps. From the business office at school to the fourth floor workroom it is 140 stairs. So i'm thinking 300 will be no problem. Part way up I realized they lied! On the way back down I counted the steps. 734. And that is not counting all the walking in-between the sets of stairs! It was a beautiful view though.

Now I was sweaty so I stopped for some water and thought about these people that live up here in these cold caves. I saw a book advertised about an Austrailian that married a Bedouin man. I asked this guy if he had the book available. He pointed across the way and said the woman was there. She has her own stand and sold me the book. It is really interesting - she gave up everything to marry this Bedouin and live in a cave. she converted to Islam and had three kids with him.

I trekked back to the hotel and took a nap. I woke up pretty sore from all my hiking.

Went and had pizza and hot chocolate at Mystic Pizza :)

We are leaving early in the morning to take a three hour drive to Madaba then onto Sweimah to lay around at the dead sea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment