Friday, June 29, 2012

Ireland Day 3 Ring of Kerry


Ireland day 3 Ring of Kerry

I slept really well in a very comfy bed.  The shower had great hot water even though there are 8 people staying here right now.  Eugene served toast, a poached egg, sausage, ham, tomatoes, and OJ.  I asked where I could buy a new umbrella since mine blew inside out multiple times yesterday – he said don’t bother.  Stick with the pancho because umbrellas are useless in the wind J  Our van picked us up at 9:30 to take us into town and we had some time to walk around before the coach left at 10:30.

The Ring of Kerry is a driving tour around the County Kerry.  The busses are only allowed to drive in one direction so that busses don’t have to pass each other on very narrow winding roads!  People were freaking out about how close vehicles were etc.  I am not phased by it!  Mumbai has made me immune!  It was a nice day, but we didn’t see anything major – just a lot of nice scenery.

We did get to see a sheep dog demonstration - they showed how a few dogs can control a whole herd of sheep - it was pretty interesting.




traditional Irish stew



I am enjoying the people on the tour and I’ve found of couples that are willing to let me eat with them etc! 

No comments:

Post a Comment