Friday, June 15, 2012

Car trouble in Kentucky

My fantastic brother - in - law Ben drove up to meet me in Indianapolis (my father drove me there) and then drove me to Lexington Kentucky.  My sister Brianna and my niece Charlotte were waiting on the steps for me!  Charlie loved me immediately!  She likes to give me kisses and hugs.  I feed her dinner while her parent make adult food.  On Thursday we took her to the park and Ben left to drive back up to Illinois for a band camp gig.  On Friday we attempted to go to Garden Ridge.  Charlie was screaming bloody murder in the car so we pulled over at Bob Evans to calm her down and so I could get in the back seat with her for the rest of the ride.  We went to leave and the car wouldn't start.  I entertained Charlie while Bri called someone to come and jump the battery.  I took Charlie to the bench in front of the Bob Evans and she charmed and delighted the patrons going in and out.  Everyone cooed about how pretty she is.  She loved waving at the baby in the window - I kept trying to tell her it was her reflected image - she's not ready for that yet!!


While we were waiting for the car, we went to Arbys and Charlie had mac and cheese :)
Luckily it was just the battery so we got it replaced and were on our way and Charlie was a champ the whole time.  We never got to Garden Ridge though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment