Monday, June 18, 2012

Visiting Texas

Visit to Texas
On Monday Stacy took me to the eye doctor and we ran some errands- took things to goodwill, sold some books at half price books and went to the teacher store. I saw all these cute hall passes and realized we don't need them at our school.I let kids out of my room all the time and never worry about them doing anything bad! We went to papasittos so I could get some  Mexican food and meet with some friends - Toni, Tracy, Stacy, Dawn, and MaryKay. Afterward Stacy and I went to see Melissa and her son Liam.   I passed out at 8pm again! 
On Tuesday Karin picked me up to go shoe shopping at the outlet mall.   I was supposed to stay with her parents but they have whooping cough!   But they let me borrow their truck and I stayed with friends of theirs. So Tuesday through Friday I stayed with the Auxiers. They have three fun kids so I would eat breakfast with them and talk about their swim lessons and they would ask questions about India. Then I'd go over to karin's to play with my nieces Melody, Melissa, Hope, Olivia, and Addison! Love walking in the door to choruses of " hi aunt Bob" they loved watching Elmo on my iPad :) I'd play with them in the morning then go shopping then play with them in the afternoon.  I had dinner with them on Tuesday. The Moores had me over for burgers on Wednesday, and on Thursday I had dinner at karin's again. The CDC declared that her parents could leave the house so they came, and her sister Krissy (who is due with baby boy any day now) and her husband Cole came. Her sister Kim brought Olivia and Addie over. So much fun. They are all from Illinois and I would spend thanksgiving and Easter with them. They are my Texas family!  Karin made tortilla soup and it was amazing :)

On Friday I got to see jamili and her son Tariq. He is getting so big!  Jamili and I started working at Camp Tapawingo together in 1996 and have stayed friends while each of us moved to different states and countries :)  Norma came and got me and I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday night with Norma. I wish everyone could meet Norma! She giggles about everything and is so much fun! She has a ton of dogs but surprisingly my tolerance for dogs has gotten much better since living in India! On Saturday I got to run with my Team in Training group! Coach Jeff and Paula have been with me through a lot of races! Theresa, christy and some other former teammates were there. Running with the group in Terry Hershey park was one of my most favorite things to do while I was home.  Wish I could do it for multiple weekends!  Norma, Stacy and I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman on Sunday.  Movies are so much cheaper in India :)


Norma took me to the airport on Monday and I made the journey to Bloomington, Illinois  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment