Wednesday, June 20, 2012

lllinois and Kentucky

My Dad met me at the airport and took me to Avantis to get a Gondola :)  We went for a walk and I enjoyed the quiet country cornfields.  The next morning we went for another walk and while dad worked on the house, I worked on sorting out my suitcase disaster.  I bought a lot of stuff in Texas - spent over $1000 in a WEEK.  I had to got to the eyedoctor.  I had to get medicine that I have a hard time getting in India and my insurance wouldn't pay for 90 days so I had to pay like $100.  I bought workout shoes, 4 pairs of dress shoes, dress clothes, workout shoes, toiletries, etc....


On Wednesday Dad drove me to Indianapolois where my brother-in-law Ben was going to meet us and pick me up to take me to Lexington KY.  I got to spend 9 days with Ben and my sister Brianna and my niece Charlotte.  They live in a quiet residential neighborhood in Lexington - I went on a lot of long walks and a few jogs :)  I'd get up and play with Charlie before her morning nap.  Then we'd play again before her afternoon nap.  In between, Bri and I would run errands with her.  She loves it when aunt Bob sits in the back with her! We played in the park, went swimming, read books, etc.








Bri and Ben have been so sweet letting me stay for over a week at their house!  They live in a section of Lexington KY that is beautiful and very close to rural areas. 


Bri and I went to a Shaker Village nearby.  Tons of Shakers lived there for 100 years.  One Shaker village still exists in maine.  There are only 3 Shakers left. 
Bri and I also took a morning to see a movie - What to expect when you are expecting - she said it is the first one she's seen since having Charlotte.



No comments:

Post a Comment