Sunday, January 28, 2018

Costa Rica - La Fortuna to San Jose

Costa Rica- La Fortuna to San Jose

I thought I was spending this morning alone, but it rained so much last night that Sage and Daniel's rafting trip was cancelled. My only goal today was to see a sloth - almost everyone has! So Sage and Daniel went sloth hunting with me. Daniel had seen one the other day and sloths are slow so we thought we'd find the same one - it had a baby!  We go to the spot and see iguanas in the trees which are cool, but not sloth cool. A local guy sees us staring in the trees and asks what we see - Daniel tells him we are looking for the sloth. The guy says it moved during the hard rain last night and told us where to look. Sage's eagle eyes saw it!! I may have jumped up and down and clapped my hands. All I have is an iphone so I can't take good pictures.  Martina sent me these - so beautiful.



The problem was that it was only 9:30 and we had completed our only task for the day. We decided to go to the local swimming hole that is run off from the La Fortuna falls.  My legs were working better but I was careful and Sage and Daniel were very helpful getting me down the slippery, root filled path.  The swimming hole was peaceful.







We went back into town to eat at Lava Lounge. Sage has been talking about the nachos and brownie she had yesterday.

We ran into James and Ryan and sat down with them. I hadn't seen James or Ryan for over 24 hours so I was in withdrawal. We were all talking and laughing and I felt how blessed I was. I'm not sure the 5 of us would have become friends in the "real world" .  Except for me and Daniel - we would have become friends no matter how we met- we are similar old souls. I'm 20 years older than Sage and 11 years older than Ryan who is the next oldest after me. 3 of them drink a lot and stay up really late and go out often. We are all just really different people but we laugh a lot together and they get me to try new things.



The hotel was nice and I had a warm shower and some cleanish clothes. James and I were discussing how we both have been wearing the same clothes for three days. Dinner was nice and Marilyn cut my meat for me and no one laughed at me using two forks for my food. Swallowing your pride is necessary when you are sick!

All of us but Grumpy guy gathered downstairs and we ate and said goodbye to our guide Mario. He was totally different than Adrian. He gave almost too much info! He would tell us stuff on the bus so we didn't  have to meet every evening which was great. He was very hyper and talked in circles which frustrated me at first but I got used to it. He would make rooster noises when we stopped for a bathroom break. He meant well and was usually around during the day so we could ask questions. I am so glad I decided to do this trip even though I was a little nervous about it - I had sooooo much fun!

Sage, Daniel, me, Diane, Brayden, Carone, Melanie, Martina, Clara, Top, Luming, Michelle, Mario

Daniel and I 

Sage and I 



No comments:

Post a Comment