Saturday, January 27, 2018

El salvador- El cuco

El Salvador el Cuco
Today was a rest day. We stayed at the Tortuga Verde Resort all day.  They have the best pineapple/orange juice here.  I went walking on the beautiful, peaceful beach.  I did not grow up around water and I don't like to swim in the ocean, but I do like to walk along the beach.  The line where water meets the land fascinates me.  It makes me think of the vastness of the universe and how perfectly it was created.






A bunch of us went to the free yoga class which was awesome. It felt good to stretch with all the bus sitting we do and we could hear the waves lapping as we did it. She had us get into downward dog and put out feet up on the column and try to make a 90 degree angle with our hips. I don't have enough upper body strength to do that well, but I did get my feet up for a few seconds which is better than I thought I could do!  She also had us do a head stand (with our head in a cradle with our arms so technically the weight wasn't on our heads). Nope. I couldn't do it at all. Daniel did really well so I spent my headstand time taking photos of him so he could see how good he did.   I went for another walk and had lunch with some of the group. Then I took a shower and a nap and it was time for turtles! We got to see them be released and scurry towards the water.

Dan

Luming




Martina Jumping


I had dinner with Martina, Dan, Clara and some others and then we walked down the beach to look at stars on the same beach that I was contemplating the vastness of the universe. It was a perfect, lazy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment