Sunday, January 28, 2018

Nicaragua - Ometepe

Nicaragua - Ometepe 

volcano right behind the pool





This place is beautiful, but our rooms are hot and sticky and no AC or hot water! I did laundry in the shower and laid it on the second bed to dry. I woke up at midnight because James was drunk and yelling that he couldn't get in his room. All our windows were open to try to get some air and 4 of our rooms are really close together. I thought he was knocking on my door so I'm calling out the window to see if he needs a place to stay. I never really got to sleep after that - long night! Again it feel like dorm living a bit, but in a good way. I have made more friends on this trip than I have in my few months in Sao Paulo. 

Martina, Marilyn, Melanie, Michelle, Tom, Diane and I walked to the nature preserve and got to see some monkeys, iguanas, frogs, turtles, lizards, butterflies, etc.
turtles

butterfly garden

butterfly garden




iguana

monkey






Melanie, Diane, me, Marilyn, Michelle, Tom, Martina

When we came back, I took, a shower and a nap. I was reading when Dan came back from his bike ride and we went to the nature reserve again but they were near closing so the lady said we could just go to the butterfly garden. She let me in with my previous ticket and I talked her into letting Dan in for free since we only had 15 minutes. I felt a little like Martina and her bargaining ways!!  We took a walk down long, peaceful roads. It is quiet and nice here. The people are sweet and seem to enjoy life.



baby goats



Didn't get any sleep tonight either - so hot and sticky!

No comments:

Post a Comment