Sunday, January 21, 2018

Guatemala - Panajachel

Guatemala - Panajachel

We drove about a half hour to Panajachel on Lake Atitlan. Martina, Jesse, Marilyn, Nicole and I took the boat to San Juan an artsy community across the lake.




Rickshaws - how I have missed you!!!


We saw what they use to dye and how they weave.






The boat ride was rough! So bouncy we were flying off the seats!  But I got some good shots when we were picking up new passengers at other towns.



Nicole, Martina, and I 


We came back and had lunch. I am making it my mission to see how much pineapple and passion fruit I can drink on this trip. I took a nap then went walking around and found some English books! I had finished mine so I got three more- I don't have time to read during the school year so I have been enjoying some reading in hammocks. 

Adrian, James, sage and I had wood fire pizza for dinner which was pretty good. 

The next day we drove back to Antigua and just had a free day- I washed some clothes out in the sink, read my book, walked around. It is  nice that we can choose what to do. Some people  like to get massages, do nature things, adventure things, bicycle, hang out at the pool, etc. There are a variety of things to do at each place. 

Sometimes people make fun of me for collecting magnets and Christmas ornaments everywhere I go. But our group is very well travelled and we all have certain travel things we collect. Martina and I get magnets and I was telling the group how India confiscated probably close to 100 magnets when I tried to ship them.  Instead of mocking me,  the group was devastated for me! Marilyn and Ryan collect the labels off all the local beer they drink and Daniel gets a string bracelet in the colours of the country flag and ties them on his backpack.  Daniel and I also keep some small bills and coins in each local currency.  I keep notes of each day so that I can write a blog post and some others kept notes too. These people are my tribe!




I saw several different trees here.

I'm wondering what used to be on this tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment