Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The eggs are getting gross

I mentioned a few posts ago that they 6th graders were given eggs to carry around in a jar to simulate taking care of their computer.  The eggs were blown out and apparently soaked in some bacteria killing solution.  One of my boys opened his jar and told me to smell it.  um no.  He kept it open and the smell wafted over.  yikes!  so of course every boy in the room opens theirs and it smells to high heaven in there!  I tell some one responsible for the eggs that they are starting to rot and we have a week left and they were like "no, we did all this stuff to make sure they wouldn't rot"  well, they are rotting.  one kid today showed me all the fungi that is growing on the cotton balls that he has in the jar protecting it.  gross.  so ready for the actual computers!

My A and B block 6th graders are great!  I will see them tomorrow.  I have to do a lot to prepare for them like translate into French, but they are mostly sweet, hardworking kids.  My F block... a little squirrelly with an "academic support kid"  which is how they say Sped here.  My H block 8th graders are a little rowdy too - they do their work and participate, just loudly and while out of their seats!  My E block 8th graders are wonderful.  I have all the regular Algebra kids who are a little low in math.  They all HATE it with a passion because they don't think they are good at it.  The other math teacher has all the kids who excel at math and love it in the advanced algebra class.  we were talking about how yea, I have to teach equations and other algebra..y things but really my focus should be to raise their confidence and get them to like math more.  My E kids were rocking today!  totally smoking my H kids.  A girl got a pretty hard exponent question right and I called her a "smarty pants" and she leaned over and told her friend "I've never been called smarty pants before"!  The boys all wanted high fives when they got a question right.  They did really well today and felt some confidence! 

I am liking the 80 minute classes.  they are wearing me out but I can get a lot done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment