Monday, August 15, 2011

Indian Independence Day

I went out for a walk today and saw a lot of smiling, happy Indians!  Many had the day off of work or school.  The sun was actually out a little so I walked down to the Arabian sea to take pictures.  I was walking along the promenade and several people asked me to take their picture.
How cute are these two?  They were just waving their flags at the sea.




This man saluted me when I walked by and let me take his picture and insisted he see it :)  When I walked back by him about 10 minutes later he asked me to take a picture with him and his friend.  His friend refused to smile! 






These boys were playing on the bench trying to balance and I took the first shot.  When I came back about 20 minutes later they totally wanted to pose.  An older man was with them - no relation, but helped them get into the pyramid.  They all introduced themselves and asked my name and told me they "were pleased to meet me" their English was great.  The man if I was from American and asked if I'd be showing the picture of the boys to my friends back home :)








The guy on the left saw me taking pictures of the sea and ran up to me and asked me to take a picture of him with his friends.





It was actually fairly dry today and moderately sunny so people were taking advantage of the time off to do laundry.


This woman asked me to take pictures of all of them.




They take their Independence seriously and joyfully. - I heard Pakistan had a hotel bombing on their Independence day today. This was at the bottom of a flag pole.  I saw this a lot today - looks like a birthday cake.


I was going to go take pictures of my guys down in Pali Market and my "Indian boyfriend" Allan who serves me my food every time I go to Eat Around the Corner -which is 5 times in 2 and a half weeks!  but my camera battery died.  I'll get them later and hopefully some pics of my kids this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment