Sunday, August 28, 2011

First full week of school

This was our first week teaching 5 full days!!  Went pretty well.  Love my kids and they worked hard this week.

I share an advisory with another teacher.  We have our work cut out for us!  We have 3 girls and 9 boys and some of those boys are a challenge!!!.  I take on 5 of the boys and she gets the other 7 kids.   They are all sweet kids and I am interested to see what they are like in a few years!  The woman that is my co-advisor is super sweet and I found out this week she drives.  DRIVES.  Took lessons and has a Mumbai drivers liscense.  She is officially my hero.

Continue to love the school.  I like the block periods, I like that they rotate, I like that the hallways are outside, I like that it is sooo clean (the bathrooms get cleaned multiple times a day, the floors mopped also, the lockers wiped down etc)  I like that I get tons of planning time with the other math teacher.  I just like everything about it in general.

Mumbai is a different story.  I like it but don't love it.  I am finding my way around better.  The monsoon is driving me crazy!  It just rains and rains and makes me sad.  but I know I will miss it when the sun is beating down on me! 

Laid around this weekend and did a lot of school work.... so that is a plus to the rain!

My principal invited some of us to brunch at a hotel is Juhu.  It was fantastic!!    Beautiful place - almost made us forget we were in Mumbai.  The food was so yummy too and I got to hang out with some friends and their kids. 

Trying to decide what to do for Christmas.  I really wanted to go to New Zeland but traveling around India would be a lot cheaper :)

Got to hang out with a family of one of my students - it is nice knowing them at a personal level too :)  I've never gotten to do that with my students!  some other ASB friends were there too and we ate pizza, played and game, talked and got shot at by nerf guns.  I good family night :)



No comments:

Post a Comment